Warranty & Health Guarantee
Excelsior’s Havanese Puppies are bred from Superior Genetic Stock, Latte & Mocha were Sired by AKC Champions to insure that your puppy will be healthy and your loving companion for many years! You can rest assured that we have done the research for you on our own Pets Genetic Histories and Pedigrees to make sure defects are not passed down to future generations of puppies. Both are current on their CERF Eye Certification.
We feel confident enough in our Puppies that we back all our our Puppies with a full Two Year Genetic Replacement Warranty. If during the first 24 months your Veterinarian has determined that your Puppy has a Disabling Genetic Defect, upon return of the Puppy at Buyers expense, we will provide a replacement Puppy as soon as one becomes available.
Excelsior’s Havanese Puppies Warranty does not include replacement for color changes, tear staining, size, teeth alignment or cosmetic issues.
Excelsior’s Havanese Puppies Health Guarantee is as follows: Buyer has 3 business days upon taking possession to have the Puppy examined by your Veterinarian. If your Puppy is found to have a preexisting Genetic Health Condition not found during our Veterinarian’s examination, upon return of the Puppy at Buyers expense, we will refund purchase price of the Puppy or provide a replacement Puppy as soon as one becomes available, whichever Buyer prefers.
A Written Contract comes with all our puppies.
Finding and choosing the right puppy can be a real challenge.
Here are a few things to look for and avoid:
“Objective studies by ethologists show that vital animal imprinting begins in hour one of life. That puppies who are bonded to humans during both the neonatal (1-2 weeks) and transitional (3 weeks) period respond by developing faster mentally and physically. They also exhibit greater confidence throughout the entire socialization period.”
The Joyous Havanese by Kathryn Braund
This being the case, it is vitally important to know all you can about the breeders practices, socialization, diet, nursery, care etc. Who you choose is as important as which dog you choose. Ask questions!
Millions of puppy buyers purchase puppies who have been adversely imprinted during their early weeks, causing behavioral problems that are not seen sometimes till after 5 months or until an adult. They can be difficult to live with and extremely hard to train. Our dog pounds are full of these unwanted pets, through no fault of their own.
What is a Puppy Mill ...
- Puppy mills are breeding facilities that produce purebred puppies in large numbers. The puppies are sold either directly to the public via the Internet, newspaper ads, at the mill itself, or are sold to brokers and pet shops across the country.
- A place where several breeds of dogs are raised and the breeder always has puppies for sale.
- A dirty, trashy place where one or several breeds of dogs are kept in deplorable conditions and puppies are always available.
- A place where a single breed of dog is raised in acceptable conditions and puppies are always available.
- A place where lots of dogs are raised, where breeding is done solely for financial gain rather than protection of breed integrity, and where puppies are sold to brokers or pet stores.
Buyer beware, you usually get what you pay for!
[Home] [Latte] [Mocha] [Nursury] [Gallery] [Q & A] [Standard] [Colors] [History] [Links] [Warranty] [Application] [Contract]