Excelsior’s Havanese Puppies
Puppies, Puppies Puppies!
Sorry, we have no puppies available at this time.
Please check back with us next year ...
better yet, fill out an application in advance!
Those on the waiting list will receive
preferential treatment for next litter’s pick.
We are home breeders with only one breeding pair
and breed only once a year.
Ricky Ricardo - The Wonder Dog,
and New Mom - Sandy
“What a WONDERFUL dog. Good job Wilson’s!”
Ricky - The Wonder Dog, working on Agility Skills.
Our first Litter of Four Puppies have all gone to their Forever Homes, one each in Oregon, Alaska, Ohio and New Jersey.
All our AKC Havanese Puppies will come with:
Two Year Genetic Replacement Warranty
Veterinary Certified Health Certificate
(If needed for shipping by airlines)
Females: $1500, Males: $1200.
$500 Deposit to Hold.
All puppies sold with Limited Registration, which means that they come with a spay/neuter contract, and can not be bred or shown in the AKC ring. We sell a limited number of Full Registration puppies that are of Show Quality, and cost an additional $500.
Chocolates run higher and are available for Full Registration only
Females: $2300, Males $2000.
(click on Application above)
A Written Contract comes with all our puppies.
We accept VISA & MasterCard, PayPal
as well as Money Orders and Personal Checks.
Pick-up is preferred, but Shipping is Available.
Live Animal Acceptance Checklist (pdf file)
Gives standard requirements for all airlines to safely transport live animals.
Rest assured, your Puppy will arrive safely and in good health!
Visits after puppies are 5 weeks old is highly encouraged.
Finding and choosing the right puppy can be a real challenge.
Here are a few things to look for and avoid:
“Objective studies by ethologists show that vital animal imprinting begins in hour one of life. That puppies who are bonded to humans during both the neonatal (1-2 weeks) and transitional (3 weeks) period respond by developing faster mentally and physically. They also exhibit greater confidence throughout the entire socialization period.”
The Joyous Havanese by Kathryn Braund
This being the case, it is vitally important to know all you can about the breeders practices, socialization, diet, nursery, care etc. Who you choose is as important as which dog you choose. Ask questions!
Millions of puppy buyers purchase puppies who have been adversely imprinted during their early weeks, causing behavioral problems that are not seen sometimes till after 5 months or until an adult. They can be difficult to live with and extremely hard to train. Our dog pounds are full of these unwanted pets, through no fault of their own.
What is a Puppy Mill ...
- Puppy mills are breeding facilities that produce purebred puppies in large numbers. The puppies are sold either directly to the public via the Internet, newspaper ads, at the mill itself, or are sold to brokers and pet shops across the country.
- A place where several breeds of dogs are raised and the breeder always has puppies for sale.
- A dirty, trashy place where one or several breeds of dogs are kept in deplorable conditions and puppies are always available.
- A place where a single breed of dog is raised in acceptable conditions and puppies are always available.
- A place where lots of dogs are raised, where breeding is done solely for financial gain rather than protection of breed integrity, and where puppies are sold to brokers or pet stores.
Buyer beware, you usually get what you pay for!